Thursday, April 30, 2009

Artful Nesting

We live in a one bedroom apartment, so I don't have a nursery to decorate. What I do have is a corner of our bedroom. So, as soon as our apartment is back to normal, I will get working on this project. In the meantime, I have been doing some artful nesting. I've been buying prints and cards that I will frame, and hang in Chickpea's corner. Now being that this is our bedroom, I wanted prints that would blend into our world. My idea is to get a group of prints together that represent where Chickpea came from, our story, things we love, and hope to share with him/her. Each one represents something special in our life, or simply something we love. The most important thing is that they are all sparks for stories.

'Found' by Belle & Boo.

'Love' by Aimee Sicuro from Weather Girl shop.

'Honeymoon Over Brooklyn' by Johanna Wright.

The next couple are unnamed greeting cards...

Jenny Kostecki-Shaw

Lorena Siminovich

I am still searching for a sun, beach and forest scene, and a representation of dance and music.

I've seen a lot of successful groupings of art prints on one wall, so I'm hoping this pulls together well. Made By Girl, has a step by step tutorial on how to pull an art wall together.

OK, back to my artful nesting.

No comments: