Our assignment this week was to illustrate the nursery rhyme 'Hey Diddle Diddle' as a children's book spread, in fabric. I went a little off assignment. I used the characters from the nursery rhyme, and I used fabric, but I decided to make a mobile. I had so much fun working on this. I even learned some new stitches thanks to some great videos I found on the web. Now I'm ready to blanket stitch anything. I had a really great time working on the little characters, and the little dish and spoon really make me smile with their skinny little legs. The better to run away with.
*As soon as I find a blank wall in our apartment I'm going to take a better picture.