Saturday, January 24, 2009

35

...to me. Today is my 35th Birthday. Astrologically speaking, this is a golden year, a solar return. You only get approximately seven of these years in a lifetime. I don't follow astrology too closely, but if the sun, moon and stars are sprinkling a little extra magical stardust on my tribe of Aquariuses and I, I gladly welcome it. Who couldn't use a little extra magical stardust now and then? So today I will celebrate what I hope will be a magical year. We'll light our red Birthday candle, go out for a surprise, and I'll cherish the only Birthday gift I ever want - cards. Being the card lover that I am, this is the best gift. John and I have a tradition of cards and a surprise for Birthdays. My dear friend Miss A actually illustrates my Birthday cards, and they are amazing. Sort of a look back on the year past in the most endearing style. Birthdays, like New Year's, are a nice time to look both ways. Where have you come from, and where are you headed. 35 is going to be a leap into the unknown for me, but I've got my eyes closed, a smile on my face, and I'm ready to jump.

No comments: