Thursday, January 22, 2009

Inspired

I recently heard about Spoonflower, where you can design your own fabric. Serendipidously I also stumbled upon the classes at Purl Soho. So I have found my next class, 'Quilt Making by Hand'. The idea of designing my own fabric, plus sewing my own quilt by hand has me swooning. I think this will be a really exciting (and special) project. I have three different ideas for the fabric, so I have to start sketching to see which one will work best. Luckily the class doesn't start till March 12th, so I have some time to get the fabric designed and made.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Thanks for the information. I hope you have fun learning how to hand quilt. I checked out Purl Soho. They have another website called the Purl Bee with photos of lots of fun projects and ideas.
I'm enjoying your colorful, fun blog.

Anonymous said...

This sounds like fun. I ask you, where oh where will you find the time? :-) I got a sewing machine for Xmas and am scheduled for a beginners class (they didn't have a "clueless" class) on March 5th. The most I am hoping for is to learn how to use it without sewing my finger to something....

Vela said...

Hehe, BJ. I guess I'm hoping I can sew in my sleep ; ) Actually I hope I get the swing of it, and I can sew while watching TV...maybe? Either way, it'll be a fun challenge. I'm sure you're excited about using your amazing fabric to sew up a storm. I see beautiful pillows in your future.

Anonymous said...

I just recieved my fabric from Spoonflwer-you can see it on my post! And have a very happy birthday!!